Monday 23 March 2009

Responding to spam part 1: Marmalord wins Brockley lottery


Marmalord receives some life-changing news by email......

Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 10:09:23 -0400
From: emilyprodinc@cox.net
Subject: ESTEEMED WINNER!

Your email address as indicated was drawn and attached with serial numbers FTS/8070337201/06 and drew the lucky numbers 15-22-24-48-50-37(30) which subsequently won you
1,000,000.00 (One Million Great Britain Pounds) from the U.K FREE PROMO
The draws registered as Draw number one was conducted in Brockley,London United Kingdom on the 19th march 2009.
Find below the details of the Claims Agent and contact him with the following details for verifications.

FULLNAME,.FULLADDRESS,.NATIONALITY,. AGE,.OCCUPATION,.MOBILE/TELEPHONE> NUMBER,.DATE OFWINNING AWARD, . SEX,.TOTALAMOUNT WON,.SERIAL/LUCKY NUMBERS.> >

NAME: Mr Thomas Andrew (Claims Agent)
MAIL: thomasandrew121@msn.com

Thanks,
Mrs. Rita Shawn
UK Promo Announcer

Excitement contained and response sent....................

From: marmalord@marmaland.com
To: thomasandrew121@msn.comSubject:
RE: ESTEEMED WINNER!Date:
Mon, 23 Mar 2009

Dear Mr Thomas Andrew

Your colleague, the UK Promo announcer Rita Shawn delivered some amazing news over the weekend.
As the Marmlord - Ruler of Marmaland, ultimately I feel responsible for the well being of all of our 'residents'.

The very small, little known London Borough of Marmaland and 'my people' are by no means credit crunch proof.
In recent months my good friend and museum Curator Mr Jones has had to reign back his purchasing of marmalade related advertising wares - finding that he was increasingly out bid by Japanese ebayers armed with the mighty Yen and an appetite for Kitchenalia.

My other colleague Marusan Mu Chicki Chicki has been saving for some vital confidence boosting cosmetic surgery since 2003.

I am just trying to paint a picture of how much a positive impact that my winning of your Brockley based, email address driven internet lottery draw will have on lives of me, my friends and my family.

I never dreamt that I would actually own a Porsche Cayenne Turbo with orange wheels, but this very weekend I rushed out and placed a cash deposit on said dream car.

Extravagant purchase I know, but having been self indulgent with the Porsche. I now intend to really do some good with the remaining £900k.

All this has been made possible by you the good people UK FREE PROMO. Thank you all so very much!!

Below you will find the details requested by the lovely Rita - just let me know if you need anything else like my bank details to make payment etc.

Regards
Marmalord
marmalord@marmaland.com

FULLNAME = The Marmalord
FULLADDRESS = Penthouse suite, Keiller Towers, 32 Chivers Streets, Hartleysville, Marmaland Mk21 8pd
NATIONALITY = Dual citizenship of Marmaland and England
AGE = the equivilent of 33 earth years
OCCUPATION = Time travelling superhero & Ruler of Marmaland
MOBILE/TELEPHONE NUMBER **************
DATE OFWINNING AWARD = 19th March 2009 (a Thursday in Brockley)
SEX = Male
TOTALAMOUNT WON = £1,000,000
SERIAL/LUCKY NUMBERS = FTS/8070337201/06 - 15-22-24-48-50-37(30)
Back to Marmaland

No comments: